ORAL MANIFESTATIONS OF DERMATOSES AND THEIR CLINICAL HISTOLOGICAL CORRELATIONS
The aim ofoOur research was to examine the oral cavity of patients with some dermatosis, to develop a research algorithm and to establish clinical histological correlation algorithm, based on which we could make differential diagnosis of these deseases in a timely manner and would emphasize significant sequence of diagnostic criteria. We observed 18 patients aged 40-62 years (11 women, 7 men). After collection of detailed history and indexation of the pathological processes of mouth and lips, we looked at the skin and examined biopsy material. Based on clinical histological correlations, we identified histopathological markers of oral mucosa and developed a specific algorithm, which we believe will assist dentists in everyday practice.
2. Axell T., Pindborg J.J., Smith C. J. van der Waa (199 ). Oral white lesions with special reference to precancerous and tobaccorelated lesions: conclusions of an international symposium held in Uppsala, Sweden, May 18 -21, 1994. International Collaborative Group on Oral white lesions. J Oral Pathol Med 1994; 25 :49 - 54.
3. Dionisio Alejandro Cartes Ramirez, Maria Luisa Gairza Cirauqui, Maria Angeles Echebarriar Goikouria, Jose M. Aguirre Urizar. Oral Lichenoid disease as a premalignant condition: The Controversies and the unknown. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal. 2009 Mar 1; 14 (13):E118 22
4. Kats H.L., Shear M., Altini M. A critical evaluaton of epithelial dysplasia in oral mucosal lesions using the Smith Pindborg method of standardization. J Oral Pathol 1985 ;14:476 482.
5. Mignogna MD., Fedele S., Lo Russo L., Mignogna C., De Rosa G., Porter ST. Field cancerization in oral lichen planus. Eur J Surg Oncol 2007; 33:383- 9.
6. Pindborg J.J. Reichart Px, Smith Cix, Vander Waal (1997). World Health Organization: histological typing of cancer and precancer of aral mucosa. Berlin: Springer verlag.