SCREENING FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESURE AMONG SCHOOL TEACHERS IN NADZALADEVI DISTRECT, TBILISI
High blood pressure (BP) is the leading risk factor for death and disability globally (WHO). Aim:The purpose of this study was to assess the prevalence of undiagnosed high blood pressure and coexisting risk factors among a selected population in Tbilisi, Georgia.
2. Cadman D, Chambers L, Feldman W, Sackett D. Assessing the effectiveness of community screening programs. JAMA. 1984;251:1580-1585.
3. Global Brief on Hypertension:Silent Killer, global public healt crisis;WHO 2013
4. Global Status Report on Noncommunicable Diseases, 2014. “Attaining the nine global noncommunicable diseases targets;a shared responsibility” WHO
5. James PA, Oparil S, Carter BL, et al. 2014 evidencebased guideline for the management of high blood pressure in adults: report from the panel members appointed to the Eighth Joint National Committee. JAMA. 2014;311(5):50720. PMID: 24352797.
6. Lindsay P, Corber SC, Joffres M, et al. Recommedations on screening for high blood pressure in Canadian adults. Can Fam Physician. 2013;59:927-933.
7. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2012/ world_health_statistics_20120516/en
8. Package of Essential NCD Interventions for Primary Health Care: Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Disease and Stroke, Chronic Respiratory Disease. Geneva: WHO Press; 2010. http://www.who.int/cardiovascular_diseases/publications/ pen2010/en/. Accessed September 30, 2014.