THE RARE CASE OF LIVER INCARCERATION IN VENTRAL HERNIA
The rare case of herniated liver incarceration is described. 85 years old woman admitted in emergency department of general surgery clinic was complaining of severe abdominal pain in the right upper quadrant. Ventral hernia developed in patient 20 years ago. The pain started 4 hours before admission to the clinic. Abdominal ultrasound revealed hernia in the hernial sac. X-ray revealed signs of intestinal ileus. Patient was operated urgently under the general anesthesia. Was found incarceration of the left lobe of the liver and of a loop of small intestine. After dissection of hernia ring liver and incarcerated loop of small intestine became normal. No need for resection. Hernioplasty by Sapezhko was performed. Patient discharged without complications. The presented case is interesting because of rarity.
2. Laaksonen E, Silvasti S, Hakala T: Right-sided Bochlek hernia in an adult: a case report. J Med Case Reports 2009; 3:9291.
3. Katsutoshi Sato, Kazumasa Orihashi, Yoshiharu Hamanaka, Norimasa Mitsui, Shinj i Hirai , Naru Chatani1 and Takashi Nishisaka. Post-traumatic diaphragmatic herniation of the liver, examined by positron emission tomography: case report. World Journal of Emergency Surgery 2011, 6:30 doi:10.1186/1749-7922-6-30.
4. Carlos M Nuno-Guzman, Jose Arroniz-Jauregui, Ismael Espejo, Jesus Valle-Gonzalez, Hernan Butus, Alejandro Molina-Romo and Rodrigo I Orranti-Ortega Nuno-Guzman et al. Left hepatic lobe herniation through an incisional anterior abdominal wall hernia and right adrenal myelolipoma: a case report and review of the literature. Journal of Medical Case Reports 2012; 6:4.
5. Sheer TA, Runyon BA: Recurrent massive steatosis with liver herniation following transplantation. Liver Transpl 2004; 10:1324- 1325.
6. Abci I, Karabulut Z, Lakadamyali H, Eldem HQ: Incarceration of the left hepatic lobe in incisional hernia: a case report. Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 2005; 11:169171.
7. Shanbhogue A, Fasih N: Hepatobiliary and pancreatic: herniation of the liver. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009; 24:170.
8. Salemis NS, Nisotakis K, Gourgiotis A, Tsohataridis E: Segmental liver incarceration through a recurrent incisional lumbar hernia. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2007; 6:442-444.
9. Losanoff JE, Richman BW, Jones JW: Recurrent intercostal herniation of the liver. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 77:699-701.
10. Adeonigbagbe O, Ali K, Bradnock H: Herniation of the liver through the rectus muscle presenting as persistent abdominal pain. Am J Gastroenterol 2000; 95:1841-1842.
11. Rodríguez-Hermosa JI, Ruiz-Feliú B, Roig-García J, Gironès-Vilà J, Planellas-Giné P, Ortuño-Muro P, CodinaCazador A: Hepatic evisceration after cholecystectomy in a superobese patient. Obes Surg 2008, 18:1653 1655.
12. Bairagi A, Moodley SR, Hardcastle TC, Muckart DJ: Blunt rupture of the right hemidiaphragm with herniation of the right colon and right lobe of the liver. J Emerg Trauma Shock 2010; 3:70- 72.