MULTISLICE SPIRAL COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY AS A KEY METHOD FOR REVEALING AND ADEQUATE TREATMENT OF TRAUMATIC INJURIES OF PELVIC BONES AND ORGANS
Multislice Spiral Computed Tomography (MDCT) is an achievement of recent advanced medical technologies. It is featured with the fast scanning, high definition image and 3D reconstruction abilities, which provides oportunity for spatial analysis of pathologic process. In modern clinics MDCT is performed more readily in the early diagnosis of high grade polytrauma patients with pelvic bone and organ injuries. In the hemodynamically stable patients MDCT is a method of choice. There are some contraindications for performing MDCT, such as progressive pregnancy, hemodynamic instability. When angiography is performed, allergy to the iodinated substances and acute renal failure could limit the study.
2. Dechert TA, Duane TM, Frykberg BP, Aboutanos MB, Malhotra AK, Ivatury RR. Elderly patients with pelvic fracture: interventions and outcomes. Am Surg. 2009 Apr. 75(4):291-5.
3. Burkhardt M, Kristen A, Culemann U, Koehler D, Histing T, Holstein JH, et al. Pelvic fracture in multiple trauma: are we still up-to-date with massive fluid resuscitation?. Injury. 2014 Oct. 45 Suppl 3:S70-5.
4. Roudsari BS, Psoter KJ, Padia SA, Kogut MJ, Kwan SW. Utilization of angiography and embolization for abdominopelvic trauma: 14 years’ experience at a level I trauma center. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014 Jun. 202 (6):W580-5.
5. Morshed S, Knops S, Jurkovich GJ, Wang J, MacKenzie E, Rivara FP. The impact of trauma-center care on mortality and function following pelvic ring and acetabular injuries. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015 Feb 18. 97 (4):265-72.
6. C Crawford Mechem, MD, MS, FACEP; Chief Editor Pelvic Fracture in Emergency Medi cine. ht tp: // emedicine.medscape.com/article/825869-overview. Updated: Aug 20, 2015
7. Woong Yoon, MD Ï% Jae Kyu Kim, MD Ï% Yong YeonJeong, MD Ï% Jeong Jin Seo, MD Ï% Jin Gyoon Park, MD Ï% HeoungKeun Kang, MD. Pelvic Arterial Hemorrhage in Patients with Pelvic Fractures: Detection with Contrastenhanced CT. http: // pubs. Rsna. org/doi/pdf/10. 1148/rg. 246045028©RSNA, 2004 Fishman EK at al, (2004) Multi–Detector Row CT of Thoracic Disease with.